Wednesday, September 21, 2011

mercury poisoning - an update

oh-em-gee!  remember this post on my positive mercury toxicity test?  i took my follow up blood test last saturday and got the results today.  in three weeks, my level decreased to 10, which is within the accepted norm!  yippppy!  the hubby went from 95 to 75, which is a huge decrease, but the doc said that his level is still waaaaay too high and he needs to stop eating anything from the ocean indefinitely.  i guess i'll have to leave him at home the next time i go to sasabune ;)



i also checked my lipid profile and i can't help but say that i'm quite pleased with the results :)  i'd like to increase my HDL levels...will work on that in the next few months.  my lipid profile has always been pretty good but i think this is the best it's been...and probably a tribute to being a vegetarian.  i guess i can still eat all my favorite cheeses :)  i told my hubby that maybe we'll celebrate 7 months of being meat-free and a kick ass lipid profile by going to ruths chris for a juicy ribeye!  i wonder how my stomach would react...diarrhea, cha-cha-cha?!

1 comment:

  1. No sushi for Blair?! Is he going to be able to survive without it?! Poor thing!!! But congrats on your levels returning to normal!!! I guess we can go celebrate at Sasabune without Blair! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete