Saturday, August 27, 2011

it's confirmed...

...my love affair with seafood, especially sushi, will not resume until sometime after september 18, when i take a follow-up blood test to see if my mercury level has dropped.   

it's a total bummer but i guess i should be happy that my level was only slightly higher than the accepted value of 10 or less.  i was actually predicting the level to be closer to 25 based on the amount of ahi that i was eating in the last few months.  i guess i will seriously heed my doctor's orders to eat no more than two serving of seafood a week once my levels go down to an acceptable level.

btw, the hubby corrected me tonight...his level was actually 95 mcg/L...even higher than the 90 that i blogged about earlier.  ai-yah.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised your mercury levels were higher than the normal amount!! We'll go celebrate & eat sushi when you & Blair have detoxed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah what a funny reward! and then i won't be able to eat sushi for another month after that. sucks!

    ReplyDelete