Tuesday, August 16, 2011

too much of anything is never a good thing

It's 11:09 pm and I'm blogging from my iPhone as I try to put the little to bed.  If there's one thing you can count on with having a baby...it would be that things don't always go as planned. Don't know if it was alllllll the tofu she had for dinner (she ate half the block), gas (baby farts are the cutest and she was definitely ripping it up) or teething...or a combination of all three but she was unusually fussy while trying to go to bed tonight.  And then she started crying when I left her room and then i heard a bit of coughing and knew that it was going to be a long night.  I went back to her room to check on her and sure enough, she caused herself to barf up her dinner! Grrrrreat.

I tried to bathe her but she totally fought the bath so we just changed her pajamas and washed her face.  It took me over an hour to remove her crib sheet, mattress protector, and crib bumper and spray off all the smelly barf remnants...all while trying not to barf myself. If you aren't familiar with the smell of sour milk, it's truly a smell that you can only tolerate if it's your own kid and even then, it's tough. She is now lying in her crib with fresh sheets and crib bumper and is trying to fall asleep as I type away.

At least this forces me to wash her usual Serena & Lily wren crib bumper (that i love love love) which otherwise may not have been washed for months :). You can always find good in everything if you look hard enough...even if it's between curds of sour milk and tofu barf.

No comments:

Post a Comment