Sunday, October 30, 2011

gotta love craigslist

i posted an ad on craigslist late last night for some free furniture (bedroom set, tv, tv stand, lamps, night stands) that was left in the condo that we purchased.  within 10 minutes, i had 10 emails.  when i woke up, there were over 30 messages and i quickly removed the ad before my email exploded.

apparently, there is a lot of interest in free stuff.  i tried to be diplomatic and reply in the order that they responded.  very few people answered the phone when i called so i basically gave it to the first person who i actually spoke to who was willing to pick up all the stuff tomorrow morning.  i hope they show up!

anywho, here are some of the responses i received via email, only edited to remove phone number and name.  enjoy.



Hi:) im intrested in the free stuffs. But I dont get it, sorry. But please give me a call @ (808) xxx-xxxx thank you:)


Me please? <smile> Really could use some furniture!


Hi my name is xxx and im interested in your fdes items. I can be reached at xxxxxxx


im intrested in the bedroom set pleaswe call me at 808xxxxxxx my name is xxx


Hello,
I am interested in picking up the white side table and lamp and anything that is white.  My number is xxx-xxxx.
I can pick up anytime on the day you want me to,  but if it is first come first serve then I would pass.  I do not believe in racing with another person to get an item.
When i sell or give something away I would hold it for the first person who contacts me just out of respect.  If they do not pick it up by the toilet frame given to me then i will let the first person that contacted me have it by the time frame given to me.
Anyway please let me know. 
Ty,
xxxx

im intrested phone xxx-xxxx

HELLO IF NOONE HAS REPLIED YET I COULD PICK UP ALL THOSE THINGS JUST GIVE ME A CALL @ xxxxxxx MY NAME IS xxx MY BABYZ DAD NEEDS THESE THINGS TO SET UP HIS ROOM SO WHEN OUR DAUGHTER GOES OVER TO HIS HOUSE THEY HAVE A PLACE TO PUT BOTH THERE THINGS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

hi,my name is xxx,i would love to have your bedroom set.i do need it please call me @xxx-xxxx.i can pick it up any time you like.thank you for your ti me and kindness.aloha. 

I will love to pick them up..my number iis xxxxxxx

1 comment: