Tuesday, February 1, 2011

a blog/boob update & the inverted mister

dear loyal readers (all three of you)...

i really did have great intentions to blog regularly...until my boobs decided to protest their neglect.  in the past few weeks, my milk supply has dwindled and let-downs (the transfer of milk down the ducts) are harder to come by.  the boobs are not happy when i simply connect them and let the pump do its thang thang.  and they totally sent me the message that they want some tlc when i awoke with a friggen clogged duct!!!  

clogged ducts SUCK.  they hurt.  they're scary.  and if they're not cleared, they have the potential of turning into mastitis (google it if you don't know what i'm talking about). so, whereas my initial plan was to blog while i pump, i have returned to the status quo of giving my boobs my undivided attention (okay, okay...i have been playing a little bit of words with friends in between the massages and compression) and now have to make blogging part of my daily routine. *gasp* it's already february 1 and i promise to blog "regularly" -- maybe every other day? 

anyhoo, meet the mister.  he's an interesting fella with all kinds of toys and gadgets. his latest buy...an inverter machine.  yes, he is hanging upside down and says it makes his body feel "so good" and "uncompressed."  i don't dare go on this machine for fear that i will break something.
 
the hubby and i looooove board games.  we played Life the other night.  that's my green car and my friends, Mimi & Diana in the front seat.  congrats, you two!  wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! 



okay, gotta go because guess what?!  I HAVE ANOTHER F$#!#% clogged duct.  bye bye, words with friends.  it was nice knowing you, too.

3 comments:

  1. Love that picture of your husband...so awesome. um, how long does he have to hang upside down and doesn't his brain hurt?

    i have had mastitis 3 times...i'm never smart enough to catch it early. Never with Grace (my oldest), but i nursed her and she REFUSED to take a bottle. I pumped bottles for 10 months w/ the twins, and nursed but also pumped bottles for josh...so i have a theory that pumping mamas are more likely to have this issue! it was terrible, and i was sick as a dog...but once i figured out the problem and got some antibiotics, it didn't take much to bring me back to life! Glad to hear the problem is resolving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think he's gradually working his way up to like 10 minutes or something? funny thing is he told his dad about it and he also ended up getting one today. haha.

    omg -- three times?! that sounds sooo painful! i think pumping mamas do tend to get more clogged ducts because the machine just isn't as efficient at extracting milk compared to babies. they say the best way to clear a clogged duct is nursing...if your baby will latch on. wow, you must've pumped like crazy, too! maybe there's a pumping hall of fame somewhere on the web...we should join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try it next time I come over! it looks fun!

    Also, it feels like I haven't chatted with you in a long time so I have to come to your blog to see what's going on in your life. how sad.

    ReplyDelete