Wednesday, December 14, 2011

gag-alicious (aka invisalign impressions)

if you're eating breakfast or lunch right now, i'm sorry if these pictures just made you lose your appetite (or barf?!)!

top left - open wide for exterior teeth photos
top middle - holding the huge ass tray (for FIVE minutes) to take my upper impression
top right - open wide for pictures of the inside of my mouth
bottom - bite impression & upper and lower impressions from the nasty orange goop
soooooo...i finally completed my one year of invisalign (in addition to the 8 months i did pre-prego) and was ready to pop the bubbly when i realized that i had a little gap between two of my lower teeth & one of my uppers didn't rotate completely.  gah!!! my dentist gave me the option of doing a refinement based on photos only or take another set of impressions to get an accurate assessment of where my teeth are presently.  

i really, really, really, really, really didn't want to take another set of impressions but knowing that it would give me the best result, i ended up doing it.  and just like the other two times, i gagged like craaazzzzy during the process.  the goop tastes horrible and the tray that holds the goop is sooooo big that it makes me gag to the point where i'm about to barf and my eyes get all watery!  yes, a tad bit embarrassing.  but it's done and this is the last time i'm going to do this...ever!

minus the horrible 10 minutes to take the impressions and all the hands and fingers in and around your mouth during the photos, invisalign is the best thing ever :)  the things we do for vanity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment